The General Superintendent is responsible for coordination of all site construction activities, supervising all field personnel and coordinating with all General Contractors and subcontractors as required to successfully complete all projects on time and within budget.
- Coordinate and manage all jobsite logistics and construction activities.
- Address issues with General Contractor as they arise.
- Promotes jobsite safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Hiring of field employees.
- Evaluates field foremen quality and productivity.
- Scheduling of manpower based on project needs. This includes managing project labor budgets.
- Supervise and direct all company Foremen.
- Oversee project quality control and implement necessary changes.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and all employees.
- Supervise the construction of all projects.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents to be able to coordinate with other trades, plan ahead and anticipate potential jobsite issues before they arise.
- Monitor safety performance and verify safety compliance. Implement company safety plan and hold regular safety meetings in accordance with company policy.
- Communicate schedule status and updates to project team.
- Order and Schedule Equipment deliveries. Manage Equipment Budget.
- Any and all items deemed necessary by Management.
*Superintendent must always enforce and comply with OSHA Safety Regulations and Company Safety Policies in collaboration with General Contractors and their Safety Management Team.
Travel to job sites required
7533 Pebble Dr., Bldg. 23
Fort Worth, TX
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the Acoustical Ceiling & Drywall industry with relevant safety experience.
- Have a high school education or equivalent; Construction Management college degree preferable.
- It is required that you are fit-for-duty while on job-sites; manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and a good sense of balance are important.
- The ability to problem solve quickly and accurately.
- Competent with all relevant power actuated tools.
- Position requires high knowledge of construction means, methods and materials.
- Must have knowledge with reading project documents including but not limited to blueprints and specifications.
- Have credentials proving knowledge of Occupational Safety Hazard Administration in the heavy building materials and construction industry (OSHA 30 Hour and First Aid).
- Have ability to perform in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously by prioritizing activities.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and be proficient in Microsoft Office as well as company specific software as applicable.
POSITION OF SAFETY AND QUALITY CONTROL
- Company Management/ Project Managers/ Estimators
- Human Resources
- Safety Consultants
- Jobsite Foreman
- Material Suppliers
- General Contractors / Subcontractors
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- Company Vehicle
- Company Expense Reimbursement