Employee responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Must meet with Project Manager(s) prior to starting all projects and collaborate with PMs while project is in progress.
- Review and become familiar with the requirements of contract documents and building codes governing the work. Review and be familiar with the job budget.
- Assign tasks and supervise personnel daily.
- Ensure that personnel have the tools – other than personal tools – required to complete the work.
- Responsible for scheduling work, managing and knowing their workforce for the purpose of putting together a skilled crew based on the project. Furthermore, must determine the size of the crew necessary to perform the work within the schedule.
- Must be able to communicate well with the work crew to relay proper instruction and safety policies.
- Must take on the role of the Competent Person; ensure housekeeping is up-to-par and avoid hazards on all job-sites.
- Must hold regular safety meetings on site in accordance with company safety policy.
- Produce weekly Safety reports, daily JHAs and all other reporting required by General Contractors on a job specific basis.
- Responsible for Quality control; project based.
- Ensures delivery and storage of material by collaborating with company’s delivery drivers and or vendors.
- Responsible for checking off material deliveries, signing off on delivery tickets/PODs and forward to the Accounting department in a timely manner for processing.
- Prepare documentation to support changes in work that differ from the contract documents.
- Document daily and weekly progress or work.
- Prepare a two-week look-ahead schedule on a weekly basis.
- Review schedules of preceding and following work by other trades to ensure the proper coordination of work.
- Approve time records and collaborate with payroll administrator to ensure accurate labor hours are being reported.
*Foreman must always enforce and comply with OSHA Safety Regulations and Company Safety Policies in collaboration with General Contractors and their Safety Management Team.
Some travel to several job sites may be required.
7533 Pebble Dr., Bldg. 23
Fort Worth, TX
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5, up to 8 years of experience in the Acoustical Ceiling, Wallboard/ Drywall industry with relevant safety experience.
- Have a high school education or high school equivalency (GED) as a minimum; some or a college degree is a plus.
- It is required that all supervising foremen are fit-for-duty while on job-sites; manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and a good sense of balance are important.
- The ability to problem solve quickly and accurately is helpful.
- Competent with all relevant power actuated tools.
- Position requires high knowledge of layout of walls; reading blue prints is a must.
- Must have knowledge with reading SPECS; being detail oriented is a must.
- Have credentials proving knowledge of OSHA, Occupational Safety Hazard Administration in the heavy building materials and construction industry (OSHA 30 Hour and First Aid).
- Have ability to perform in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously by prioritizing activities.
POSITION OF SAFETY AND QUALITY CONTROL
- Company Management/ Project Managers/ Estimators
- Human Resources
- Safety Consultants